Login

Monastery Podlastva

Podlastva Monastery is the main and most important religious monument of Grbalj, the only active monastery in the area.
It is 8 km from Budva, was named after the village Lastva Grbaljska. Due to the lack of any reliable source, the exact time of commencement of this religious center is not known. Folk legends that are still retold by Grbalj villages, say that the time of entering state was 1350, attributing the patronage to Serbian Emperor Dusan. One legend claims that before building of monastery, existed earlier on the same site a smaller church, which served as a point through which the spiritual person went to the Holy Mountain.



Monastery Stanjevići


On the southern slopes of Lovcen, facing the sea, are the remains of the monastery Stanjevići above village Pobore.
The monastery is situated at an altitude of 600 meters and was named after Stanjevići - fraternity from Pobore, that lived there. As an important strategic point and foundation, the monastery Stanjevići at the time of the Venetian Republic was a barracks. As a residence of Bishop of Cetinje it was first mentioned in 1714, when Turks burned the monastery of Cetinje during the attack on Montenegro. The Venetian government has ceded Stanjevici to Montenegrin Metropolitan Danilo Petrovic, who transformed the existing fortification into a monastery, where he settled together with the monks from Cetinje. However, after the restoration of the Cetinje Monastery Bishop Danilo returned to Cetinje.



Monastery Podostrog


Podostrog Monastery is located 2 km north of Budva, beneath Mount Ostrog, by whom it was named.
There are two churches dedicated to St. Gospođa. The small church is much older and it is located on the northwest side. It is 4 m long, 2.5 m wide and resembles a chapel. Above the entrance is the inscription, from which we learn that the church was restored in 1630. Its interior is decorated with frescoes, which are coated with lime, and so damaged. The frescoes are probably dating from year when it was made the restoration of the church. With the church is the narthex (3 x 2 m), which was also decorated with frescoes. To Austrians this church with its narthex served as a prison. They also damaged some of the frescoes. In this church was buried Montenegrin Bishop Danilo, who died in Podostrog in 1735.




Monastery Podmaine

In the northeastern part of the field of Budva, on the right side of the road that leads to Podostrog, is the monastery Podmaine.
There are no information when was it built but judging by it's appearance can be assumed that it was a very long time ago. The monastery was dedicated to St. Petko. The exterior of the church is quite simple, with a bell tower with three windows. The interior was painted works of Rafael Dimitrijevic, a famous painter from Risan, 1747.. Iconostasis was made by the famous Greek painter Nikola Aspioti. There is also the "panagijar" of Maksim Mileševac from the XVIII c., built of wood and plated with silver, with figures of St. Trojice and 12 evangelists. There are three old icons, and two large silver lamp, which were donated to the church by Krapovic Rade, a Venetian general, from the village Mažić (XVIII c.)



Monastery Praskvica


Monastery Praskvica is one of the most famous monasteries of Pastrovici.
It is 8 km from Budva. It is located on a wooded hillside above Milocer, near the Adriatic highway. It was named after the eponymous source, whose water tastes like "praskve" (peach). According to tradition, the monastery was buil in the XI c. (1050.). Historical sources mention it for the first time in 1307, when King Milutin Nemanjić on arrival at Kotor made contributions to it. The monastery is surrounded by a protective wall. There are two churches, monastic dormitory building and the old school. The smaller church is dedicated to St. Trojica and the biger one to St. Nichola.




Monastery Duljevo
 
Northeast of Praskvica, on the slopes above Pastrovska gora is monastery Duljevo which is located at an altitude of about 450 m. The road to monastery Praskvica and Duljevo, and Pastrovska gora was build in the late eighteenth and early nineteenth century by the Russhion Jegor Stroganov. The written sources mention it for the first time in 1677, when the chiefs of Pastrovska elected abbot of the monastery in one assembly.



Monastery Reževići


Seven kilometers from Miločer towards Petrovac is monastery Reževići, near the Adriatic highway.
It was named after a Pastrovsko  tribe - Reževići. The exact time of establishment of this important religious center is not known with absolute certainty, we can not ascertain who were his patrons. It is difficult to determine whether it is the place where in the past was some ancient temple (according to one of the many legends Pastrovic). Archaeological research would certainly resolve a lot of unknown in the genesis of the monastery Reževići.





Monastery Gradište


It is located about 7 kilometers east of Petrovac, at a hill overlooking the highway that leads to Bar.
According to tradition, this monastery was the "branch laura Decanska" built in 1116, on the site where once were supposedly Greek and Roman cemeteries. It is mentioned in the Charter of King Milutin, issued in Kotor 1307. The monastery complex includes three churches (parochial church of Sv. Nichola and affiliated churches - Assumption of the Virgin and St. Sava), the monastery refectory, a former school building and part of the defensive wall with loopholes.
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Montenegro Tourist Service
Podgorica
Mob: 00382 69 66 55 12,
Tel/Fax: 00382 20 511 200
info@booking.me
GUEST GUIDE
payment methods
- bank transfer
- credit card
AmericanexpressDinersMastercardVisa