Login


ST.
TROJICA - in front of the Citadel in Old Town. It was built in 1804. and modeled on the Church of the Assumption of the Virgin (XVIII c) of Podostrog, the nearby monastery. The interior is decorated with a high iconostasis partition in the Baroque style.










ST.
IVAN - Originally it was built in the seventh century in the form of rotunda. The present church was built on its foundations, and has a rectangular shape. It is particularly damaged by the earthquake in 1667, and renewed several times after that. The present appearance of the building comes from the late seventeenth century, and consists of three separate parts: the church, bell tower and the Bishop's Palace. The church is an example of single - aisled basilica with side chapels, the choir and the sacristy. The church tower was completed in 1867 and it is located on the north side of the entrance. There is also the icon of "Madonna in punta" (Our Lady of Budva) from the XIV-XV, which is also the most sacred and the patroness of the town Budva, as well as several significant old icons from the XVII and XVIII c. Until 1828, when the Diocese of Budva was formally abolished, the church served as a cathedral.




ST.
MARIJA in Punta - Founded in 840. as part of a Benedictine monastery, evidenced by the inscription on its northern inner wall. It was built in the north - south and thus adapted to the terrain (lat. in punta - the cape). It has two bell towers. The older one, with a square shape, is on the southeast and the younger tower, with three openings for the bells, erected in the seventeenth century, on the north side. After the Benedictines, the church is overtaken by the Franciscan line "Little Brothers" who have resided here until the arrival of the French in 1807. It is known that Tsar Dusan issued a charter in it, in the fourteenth century while living in coastal areas.




ST.
SAVA - it is located in Old Town near the church of St. Maria in Punta. Very small size, the church is a Romanesque nave building with a semicircular apse facing east, with no tower. It was built and painted in frescoes in the twelfth century. It was mentioned in the charter of Zeta's ruler Balsa III in 1413. During the Venetian rule in this church  one altar served for the liturgy of the Orthodox and Catholic Mass.







ST. MARIJA de Kastello - As the name suggests, the church Santa Marija de Kastello is situated within Budva's Kastelo - the fortress Citadela. Because of the fitting of the rest of the destroyed church into the system of later built walls inside Austrian fortress, it is difficult to recognize the appearance of the church. However, by the remains it can be concluded that the building was a nave with a semicircular apse on the east and the portal on the west. Its interior was covered with fresco painting, and dated from the XII-XIV century.


ST. ARHANĐEL MIHAILO - Church at Budva's old cemetery, was built in 1848.


ST. PETKA - simple architecture, with a bell tower with three windows. It is decorated with frescoes which were made in 1747. by Rafailo Dimitrijević from Risan, a member of the famous Boka Kotorska painting school. The iconostasis was made by Nikola Aspioti from Corfu.


ST. NIKOLA - is situated on the island near Budva. Itis not known whit certainty when it was built, but it is certainly very old (before XVI c.). Restored in 1864. Aroud the church is an old cemetery where people from Budva were buried for some time.


ST. PREOBRAŽENJA (St. Stefan) - Smaller dimensions and is located near the entrance to St. Stefan. It was built in XVI and decorated with frescoes in the XVII century.


ST. STEFAN - the old church from the XV century was built on the highest part of the peninsula. The whole village - town was named after it.


ST. ALEKSANDAR NEVSKI - slightly larger, built in the XIX c. next to the old, small church of St. Stefan. Initially, it was dedicated to St. Stefan and later in 1939 dedicated to Sv. Aleksandar Nevski. The iconostasis which decorate the interior of the church was done by Mark Gregović from Petrovac.


ST. TOMA AND ST. ILIJA - From the XIV and XV century, in Petrovac.


ST. NEDJELJA - from the XV c. on the small island of the same name in front of Petrovac. It was built in contributions of the sailors, and there is a legend that it was built by a Greek sailor who was rescued in shipwreck by staying on that cliff.


ST. KRSTA - in Novoselje near Petrovac. Built in the XIV c., and decorated with frescoes from the beginning of the XVII c.
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Montenegro Tourist Service
Podgorica
Mob: 00382 69 66 55 12,
Tel/Fax: 00382 20 511 200
info@booking.me
GUEST GUIDE
payment methods
- bank transfer
- credit card
AmericanexpressDinersMastercardVisa