Login

"Today, palaces of Perast are almost silent witnesses of former greatness, splendor and wealth. In them is vividly reflected all Perast's past, especially the time of welfare, in XVII and XVIII century."


There are 19 palaces in Perast. The largest number was created in the period from the seventeenth to the eighteenth century and have Baroque features. The architecture of Perast in which, apart from traditional elements also dominates Baroque style, it was established a certain measure of simplicity and tranquility, thanks to what the city has not sunk in ornate baroque ornaments.


Sestokrilovic Palace - located in the area of ​​"Luka" in the southeastern part of Perast. It was probably built in the late seventeenth century, of which testifies the inscription on the cornice under the roof, in which it is mentioned 1691. year. Sestokrilovici were one of the oldest fraternities - casadas. The palace has two floors, it is very harmonious and no "vidionica", reminiscent of the Renaissance style. The roof is hipped with characteristic dimple. House has loopholes.


Palace Lucic-Kolovic-Matikola - located along the coast in the western part of Perast. The palace was probably built in the second half of the eighteenth century, of which testifies the inscription on the main facade with the year 1779 and the owners Nikola Kolovic - Matikola and sons from casada Studeni. The palace is a miniature, with harmonious proportions with a small fenced yard facing the sea. It is specific because it has widened "vidionica" on all four sides.


Bujovic Palace - located in the western part of Perast, at sea.
There is a tradition that it was built with hewn stone walls destroyed in Hercegovina after the liberation from the Turks in 1687. However, on three stone tablets on the facade is the information of the year 1694, as a beginning of works on the palace. The palace was built by brothers Ivan and Vicko Bujovic from casadas Stojsic. One of the most beautiful baroque buildings in the entire Adriatic coast and the work of the architect Giovanni Battista Fontana of Venice. The basic lines of the palace actually dominates the renaissance of the arcade with five powerful monumental portico in "bunjata" calm and harmony of the five balconies on three facades, while the Baroque is present in a wide plastic arcades in "balistrade" and decorative details. The ground floor is a terrace  the same length as the facade. With the construction of the coastal road in 1912, which raised the ground, you get the impression that the whole coast of Perast, especially the palace, "sunk" and thus lost its harmonious proportions.


Bronze Palace - The palace is located in the eastern part of Perast, the area of ​​"Luka" on the coast. It was built in the mid-18th. In the 19th century during the Austro-Hungarian Empire it was used as the "Dogana" - customs. Bronze family moved probably from Skadar, and they probably belonged to Kazadi Silopi. They were excellent sailors and traders. The Palace is typical of Baroque style, with one floor above which is narrow "belvedere". The palace has preserved the original layout.


Palace Balovic - Balovici, who belonged to casada Dentali, dealt with maritime affairs, whether the navy, or private maritime trade. Balovic Palace is typical baroque palace of 18th century, simple but harmonious and monumental on two floors with a belvedere. Until the restoration in 1981, when the building was converted, it was preserved original interior layout with four-bedrooms and lounge. In the palace there was a very rich family archives and libraries, which were taken from Perast around 1933. and after World War II. In the palace Njegos vacationed in 1846 and there he wrote the song "Paris and Helen" (Paris i Helena) or "Night of the more expensive life" (Noć skuplja vijeka).


Palace Vukasovic-Kolovic - Located in the area of ​​"Luka" next to the palace Viskovic, in the coastal part of Perast. It was probably created in the first half of the 18th century. Kolovic are from casada Sestokrilovica. They came in Perast from Sestan near Bar and in the 17th and 18 century stand out as excellent ssailors and traders. Besides sailors there are physicians, theologians and collectors of folk songs.


Palace Brajkovic-Kane - The palace is located west of the main square next to the old road. The palace is one of the oldest survived in Perast, built on the site of an old house Markovic. It was built probably in the early 17th century, as evidenced by an inscription with the year 1623 in which it was stated that the palace was built by Vicko and his brothers, sons of Tripo Markovic, later known as Markovici from the casada Cizmaj. The palace has preserved the original layout. Salon on the first floor is decorated in the 19th century in style of Napoleon II. It is the only fully preserved salon in Perast, with original decoration and furniture.


Smkija Palace - Situated in central, coastal part of Perast, next to the church and square of St. Marko. The palace consists of two parts - older one, between the coast and the old road, constructed in 1764 and the younger part, which built began in 1764, and completed in the thirties of the 20th century. These two parts are connected by a vaulted passage over old road. Smekja - from casada Cizmaj are met as seamen very early, in the second half of the 16th century. Petar Smekja brought his family to economic rise, after the famous merchant enterprise, when the ship "Leon Koronato" contributed to economic connections with the Baltic countries with Venice in 1746. Already in 1748 he becomes "Conte" and in 1779 his family was attached to Kotor's nobility. Palace Smekja is the largest palace in Perast. It is built entirely of stone from Korcula. It has three floors with a belvedere. In front of the first floor is a terrace, the same length as the facade, while the second and third floor balconies are with balustrades. At the entrance of the palace is the coat of casada Cizmaj - two crossed branches with five pens. The new part of the palace was finished in 1936, modeled on the existing ground floor and first floor, in the same style and of the same material.


Viskovic Palace - located in the area of ​​"Luka" in the coastal part of Perast, the bottom of the old road. Viskovic complex consists of four parts: the tower of the palace, with Dardin lode and the new part of the palace. The oldest part of the palace is the tower, built around 1500., which was one of the centers of the defense system, which is indicated by the inscription on the lintel of the tower five-letter "P": Parvum Propugnuculom Pro Praesidio Perasti. On the last floor of the tower is preserved a cannon. By the tower are added palace on two floors, with lodom, and then a new part. The palace has three portals, all three made in "bunjata". The first site is located on the south side, facing the sea, on the courtyard wall. On it is a magnificent coat of arms whose upper part is a bream, a symbol of casada "Dentali" which belonged to Viskovic, and the lower part - lion as a special character of this family. On the northwest side of the old road is the main entrance of the palace. On the portal is the bream fish from the coat of arms and carved the initials FCCV (Francesco Conte Colonello Viskovic). On the same side of the portal in goundfloor is carved the year 1718, and above it is bream.


Mazarovic Palace - It is located in the southeastern part of Perast called "Luka," above the old road. Its facade is partially obscured by a number of houses that are in front of it and you go directly to the old road. Palace was built in the 18th century, and it is one of the characteristic examples of the baroque palace, the central set "vidionica", belvedere, which occurred in the Bay during this period. The palace has two floors and a belvedere with a scroll, on which is the coat of arms if Mazarovici. The ground is treated in the portal bunjata with two windows on the side. On the second floor dominates the balcony on six consoles. Already in 1882 in the cadastre book the palace and old house were registered as ruins.


Palace Zmajevic - located in the western part of Perast in Pencic. This palace is known as the "Diocese" because it was the seat of two bishops, Andrija and Vicko Zmajevic. Palace, with an octagonal belfry and family chapel dedicated to Our Lady of the Rosary, presents the most valuable detail of Perast's landscape and of the whole ambience. Zmajevic belonged to casada Perojević. At the family crest is a winged dragon, and the stars above two crossed feathers are a symbol of casada Perojević. It is known that Zmajevic before construction of the palace lived in an old house in which is still the coat of arms of Zmajevica. The palace was built in several phases, and the final baroque image at the time of Andrija Zmajevic, as evidenced by the inscription on the front stating the 1664 year. The palace was built on the rock of local stone, a very exceptional construction solution. Symmetrical organization of the palace with a protruding central part above the cave in the rock with wings on strong bearing walls and the magnificent outer staircase, gives the impression of building in a single breath. In the palace is Zmajevic library, according to some data, the largest in Dalmatia.
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Montenegro Tourist Service
Podgorica
Mob: 00382 69 66 55 12,
Tel/Fax: 00382 20 511 200
info@booking.me
GUEST GUIDE
payment methods
- bank transfer
- credit card
AmericanexpressDinersMastercardVisa